A new millennium is opening in the light of Christ. But not everyone can see this light. Ours is the wonderful and demanding task of becoming its "reflection" It was a way of expressing what Christ said when he called himself the "light of the world" (Jn 8:12) and asked his disciples to be the "light of the world" (Mt 5:14). Pope John Paul II, Novo Millennio Ineunte §54
NEVER ALLOW your sense of self to become associated with your sense of job.
|Literature is mostly about having sex and not much about having children. Life is the other way round.|
If your job vanishes, your self doesn't.
What advantage does man have in all his work which he does under the sun?
A generation goes and a generation comes, but the earth remains forever.
Ecclesiastes 1:3,4 NASB
TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE FATHERS
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the LORD.Ephesians 6:4 NIV
1. Spend time with your children - Make the best of the present time
2. Let your children know often that you love them just the way they are - Accept one another, just as Christ has accepted us Rom.15:7
3. Discipline your children when they need it - He who spares his rod hates his son, but he who loves him disciplines him diligently Prov.13:24
4. Pray with and for your children, regularly - We always pray for you 2 Thes.1:11
5. Always be honest with your children - A good man is known by his truthfulness; a false man by deceit and lies Prov.12:17
6. Love your children's mother - Husbands should love their wives just as Christ loved the Church and sacrificed Himself for her Eph.5:25
7. Take time to listen to your children - Let the wise listen and add to their learning
8. Encourage your children often - Encourage one another and build each other up 1 Thes.5:11
9. Celebrate your children's achievements - Rejoice with those who rejoice Rom.12:15
10. Be flexible with your children - Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love Eph.4:2B
THE MAN who is born with a talent which he was meant to use finds his greatest happiness in using it.
But life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus.
Acts 20:24 TLB
TRUST IN YOURSELF and you are doomed to disappointment
Trust in money and you may have it taken from you
But trust in God, and you are never to be confounded in time or eternity.
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
Psalm 118:8 NIV
THE MAXIM OF ILLUSORY RELIGION runs: "Fear not, trust in God and He will see that none of the things you fear will happen to you";
that of real religion, on the contrary, is: "Fear not; the things that you are afraid of are quite likely to happen to you, but they are nothing to be afraid of."
Preparing for the Sacrament of Reconciliation is a step in the right direction for good spiritual health. Here we offer you a short overview of this Sacrament and some pointers to help you to best examine your conscience and make a good confession. more...
Character is what you are in the dark - The integrity of the upright shall guide them (Prov.11:3)
Live truth instead of professing it - Be doers of the word, not just hearers, deceiving your own selves (James 1:22)
Honour is better than honours -
those who honour me I will honour (1 Sam.2:30)
The first duty of love is to listen - dear brothers, be quick to listen and slow to speak (James 1:19)
Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live - In vain you get up earlier, and put off going to bed, sweating to make a living, since it is He who provides for His beloved as they sleep (Psalm 127:2)
A good reputation is more valuable than money - A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches (Prov. 22:1)
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe - Stop striving and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10)
Only when we have knelt before God can we stand before men - Bow down then before the power of God now, so that He may raise you up in due time (1 Peter 5:6)