Regular sustenance to keep your soul healthy...
FOR MANY MEN who choose to regularly attend a local group throughout the year, their small group is the 'safe place' they can voluntarily be really honest with themselves and other guys. This is a 'feeding place' inbetween the banquets of fellowship and teaching offered at the annual weekends away.
|Being brothers together|
Generally, our regular gatherings in small groups help us to get to grips with what is really happening in our lives and allow us to keep in touch with what is real.
Some groups,although not all, base their times together around the following seven questions:
1. What has most been on my mind?
2. What has been my closest moment to the Lord? (i.e. how’s your prayer life?)
3. What has been the high point since we last met?
4. What has been the low point since we last met?
5. What may the Lord be teaching me?
6. How is my service of the Lord/evangelising of others?
7. Where would I like input and/or prayer from my brothers?
The direction and content of a men's small group meeting are left to the discretion of those facilitating their local group with the understanding that, to be linked with the Harvesters network, groups would be led under the authority of Scripture, tradition and the Church's teaching.
Prayer, honest sharing and supportive friendship are the principal qualities that each group seeks to aim for.
To discover where groups meet, click here....
To find out how to start a men's group, click here....
To find out more about what happens in groups, click here....
To go back to the Homepage, click here....